Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Field Trip: Dayton, OH 8/30/08

This trip I introduced, and hooked, my good friend Damion to the sport - he bought himself two discs (Orc and Pro Pig) before I left. We played a total of 36 holes on Saturday at two courses.

Course: Blue Heron Course at Englewood Metro Park
Description: This course was just opened within the last 5 months or so. The design and layout is nicely matched to the terrain. Many holes with trees and a couple with narrow fairways. The more open holes had very defined fairways with long, grassy rough. Some nice views of the nearby lake.
Holes: 18
Tees: Gravel/Rubber (fly18 tee pads)
Baskets: DisCatcher

My Score: 12 over
My Rating: 4.5


Course: Belmont Park
Description: The Dayton areas most played course. A hilly, mostly open course with the exception of large trees on a couple of holes. Long tees on four of the holes. Garbage cans on nearly every hole - a necessity rarely seen at other courses. Other fun facts: This course was used in the 1991 Disc Golf world Championships and the park used to be a landfill.
Holes: 18
Tees: Cement
Baskets: Mach3

My Score: 18 over
My Rating: 4.1

No comments: